Distributing Your Content for Maximum Exposure
Now that you're planning to put together all this great content, what are you going to do with it? There are many options for publishing and republishing your content, so you get the best exposure for your business possible.
Here are Some Ideas for You:
- Place articles on your own website. They are great search engine food and help establish your credibility within your market. You can promote products within the articles to your heart’s content, add paid advertising and promote your mailing list.
- Add articles to your newsletter. Send your articles to your subscribers to teach them about different topics they want to learn about. You can include them in the body of your email or include a link to the article on your site.
- Distribute articles to other online publishers. You can submit articles to article directories like ezinearticles.com but it's even better to submit them directly to publishers who need articles on your topics. They publish your articles in return for a link back to your website in your byline at the bottom of the article.
- Offer short reports as a free gift for signing up to your newsletter. You can bundle up a few articles or put together a mutli-page report on a certain topic.
- Give articles and reports to your affiliates. That way, they can give out your content and earn commissions on any sales they generate.
- Share your content on social media. Whether it's Facebook, Twitter or Google+, tell your followers about it.
- Contact various community organizations. If they have printed or email newsletters, they might be interested in your content.
- Contact your local newspaper or an industry magazine. They might find a good use your article. They may have certain requires on their publishing rights (ex. They might want to have exclusive rights or be allowed to be the first to publish the artice, but that added exposure can very well be worth it).
Always keep a look out for places that publish content related to your market. These could be invaluable sources of exposure and a win-win situation for both of you. They get content and you get exposure for your business.